We provide interesting experiences that are appropriate for our Nursery and Reception classes, basing all the experiences we offer around the Early Years Foundation Stage Framework. We offer each unique child the opportunity to learn indoors and out, as we help your child towards achieving the Early Learning Goals at the end of their Reception year. When planning for children’s learning we consider their stage of development within three prime areas and four specific areas of learning outlined below.
- Personal, social and emotional development
- Communication and language
- Physical development
- Understanding the World
- Expressive arts and design
Reading and writing are taught through the daily use of synthetic phonics (letters and sounds) and is supported by a structured reading scheme. We
- provide a safe, secure and inspiring environment with a happy, welcoming atmosphere.
- provide experiences that are broad and balanced and offer equal opportunities to all children.
- promote personal and social competence and children develop positive attitudes towards each other.
- monitor and document children's progress through regular observation, photographs, and collected pieces of work, collated in individual learning journals. This process helps us identify the next steps in their learning. Parents are invited to collaborate in this process and share information through discussion and completing 'wow vouchers'.
- recognise that play is child's work; it is how they learn about the world in which they are growing up and it can be very intense. Play helps children to learn and develop through doing and talking, exploring and investigating and by creating and experimenting.
- plan a range of play activities and experiences, which help children to make progress in each area of learning and development. There is a careful balance between child led and adult led experiences, and are all designed to develop the whole child